Preparing Your Home To Sell
Sometimes, finding a buyer for your property can be expedited by offering incentives such as defraying some or all of the buyers closing costs or picking up some of the buyers closing points. Such incentives should be laid out in your selling schedule. Please contact me if you need help or advice.
WHAT WILL I NET WHEN I SELL MY PROPERTY?
Once you have an estimate of the current market value of your home you can subtract the payoff amount of your current loan, broker's commission, attorney's fees and any other penalties and taxes to get a good idea of what amount you will realize from the sale of your property. Additionally, I can research other fees such as title insurance premiums, transfer taxes, survey fees, inspection fees, recording fees, homeowner association fees and other charges that may be applicable. Once you have a good idea of the net proceeds you will be in a better position to assess the price range you will be able to afford when purchasing your next home.
PREPARING YOUR HOUSE TO SELL
The better your house looks to a potential buyer, the sooner it is likely to sell, and, at a higher price. Preparing your property for sale should not require a large budget - just some attention to detail! Do not hesitate to ask me for advice on what will enhance the salability of your home.
For that extra "Curb Appeal" on the exterior, pay particular attention to:
- Lawns - ensure they are edged, cut and watered.
- Consider adding some showy plants or shrubs around your front entrance to welcome potential buyers
- Hedges and flower beds - Neatly trimmed hedges, pruned trees and weeded lawns and flower beds make a great difference.
- Steps, walkways, walls and patios - fill any cracks and patch crumbling edges
- Gutters - Ensure gutters are clean and neatly aligned
- Roof tiles and shingles - repair or replace damaged, loose or missing tiles or shingles
- Doors and windows - touch up any peeling paint or varnish and keep glass clean. Maybe a new coat of paint on the front door will help!
- Reseal asphalt driveways and keep the garage door closed
- If a car in your driveway does not match the image you want your home to give, consider parking it elsewhere until your property is sold
On the inside:
- Make sure every room is clean and free from clutter including tables, kitchen countertops, etc.. This will make your home appear bigger and brighter.
- Touch up any faded, chipped, stained painted areas such as walls, doors, window frames. Replace any cracked or broken window panes.
- Repair any cracks, holes or other damage to walls, doors, wallpaper, etc.
- Clean all appliances, especially cookers.
- Ensure there are no plumbing leaks or drips from pipes, faucets, showerheads, etc., especially in out of the way places such as attics or under-sink cupboards.
- Ensure air conditioning, heating, ventilation, security systems, etc. are in proper working order
SELLING YOUR HOME?
SEARCH FEATURED PROPERTIES
MEET OUR AGENTS
COMMERCIAL PROPERTIESCheck out our commercial listings